Building a sales funnel can be daunting, especially if you’re unsure where to start. You could create a sales funnel from scratch, but that can be difficult and time-consuming.
- You’ve read a dozen sales funnel guides but are unsure how to create one for your business.
- A lack of ideas has left you feeling frustrated and bored!
- The video tutorials you watched on the internet are fantastic, but they can not apply to your business.
- You tried to download random “Million dollar sales funnels” and quickly realized it was complete garbage. Useless. A waste of time and money.
Don’t worry; you’re not alone!
There is no one-size-fits-all, and many factors impact your conversion.
That’s why I put together a list of 21 different types of funnels that many people actually use and get excellent results.
I’ll give you more ideas and options to choose from, so you can determine which one makes sense for your niche and fit your business goal.
Table of Contents
- TL'DR: Get Free Sales Funnel Recipes PDF
- What Is a Type of Sales Funnel?
- Why is Sales Funnel framework Important?
- Different types of funnels for lead generation
- Types of Funnels for Front-End and Middle Funnel Stages
- High-Ticket Sales Funnel Frameworks
- Other Funnels
- Which Is The Best Type of Sales Funnel?
- [Bonus] The Best resource for your marketing campaigns
TL'DR: Get Free Sales Funnel Recipes PDF
No have time to read the entire post? I highly recommend you download the Funnel Hacker’s Cookbook here for free. (no hidden fee or shipping cost unless you get the physical book)
The book provides all of the core funnel types that you need and shows you all of the elements and pages necessary to build each one.
If you have the physical book, it’s beneficial to put it on your desk when you build your next sales funnel.
What Is a Type of Sales Funnel?
The type of sales funnel or funnel recipe is simply a plan of your sales funnel, where you design the sales process that site visitors walk through to become leads or paying customers.
Take a look at the Value Ladder closely, we have a different goal for each step in the value ladder. That is the reason why we should use different sales funnels to achieve that goal.
For example, if you’re looking to generate more leads from webinars, you’ll need a template that includes a registration page, webinar page, and thank-you page.
Once you’ve selected a template, it’s time to start filling in the details.
Keep in mind, that there is no one-size-fits-all formula for the sales funnel, so depending on the type of your business and what you’re selling, you need to customize the sales funnel accordingly.
Why is Sales Funnel framework Important?
There’s no guarantee that you’ll be successful if you use a sales funnel template, but it gives you a much better chance than trying to figure everything out on your own.
Plus, there are tons of different types of sales funnels to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
After all, having a roadmap to follow can make the whole process a lot easier.
Follow the directions, and then you may get creative later.
Different types of funnels for lead generation
The first type of sales funnel is the Lead Generation Funnel or Lead Funnel.
The first step of the sales process is to capture leads. If you want to increase your chances of success as a business, generating leads should be one of your top priorities.
After all, leads are the lifeblood of any business. Without leads, you have no one to sell to!
The sales funnel templates below provide several ways to get more qualified leads.
And with a bit of creativity, you can come up with some pretty creative methods that will get the attention of your target market.
1. Lead Magnet Funnel
Let’s start with the Lead Magnet Funnel template. Lead Magnet Funnel is also known as Lead Squeeze Page Funnel or Lead Capture Funnel.
The key to a successful lead magnet funnel is to offer something of value in exchange for contact information, such as an ebook, checklist, course, or free report.
Once you have collected the contact information, you can follow up with leads through email marketing or other channels.
It can be an effective way to quickly build your list of potential customers and grow your business.
The funnel typically has two pages:
- Squeeze page: Considered a landing page where you offer a lead magnet in exchange for contact information. The page should be used with a curiosity headline to hook people and convince them sign-up to the opt-in form to receive your valuable content.
- Thank you page: A page where you thank the visitor for subscribing and provide them with the lead magnet they signed up for.
If you reverse the process, we give away the value first through the video, article, or something to attract customers and ask them to give their email addresses. Then we have the Reverse Squeeze Page Funnel.
Now, for people who don’t know how to create a lead magnet for your business, you can read the 19 Tried-and-True Lead Magnet Ideas and Examples from Hubspot.
So you can create one and start to generate leads today.
2. Survey Funnel/ Quiz Funnel
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with a lead magnet that will actually work. If you’re in the brick-and-mortar business, this can be especially difficult. You’re not selling a digital product that you can give away for free (Hair salon, car seller, real estate agent, etc)
Don’t get me wrong, even though it’s still possible but sometimes marketers got trouble when they create lead magnets:
- Try many times, but it’s not working.
- Your business really special, so you have no idea at all
- It takes you a lot of time and effort
Thus, we have another solution! That is Survey Funnel.
A Survey Funnel is a great way to collect data from your target market and learn more about their needs and wants. You can collect information such as contact information, demographics, and even detailed feedback on specific products or services by offering a survey.
The funnel typically has from 3 to 5 pages:
- Survey page: Survey page: A landing page has a few simple questions that you want to know from your prospective customers. You could ask them from 4 to 6 questions (don’t make it too long). One of which should be crucial, and based on it, you can direct them toward different results.
- Opt-in page: Depending on their answer, you’ll direct them to the different opt-in pages and ask them the email address where we can send the result. Plus, we can add them to a separate list that has special follow-up emails designed for them.
- Result page: Now, you’ve divided them into different groups. In each group, people receive different results based on their answers. On the result page, you’ll offer the product or service suitable for the customer’s interest.
The survey funnel is one of the powerful sales funnels that fits almost businesses and is easy to create. Through the short quiz, you may understand customers’ desires, so they have more chances to buy the product or service you offer on the result page.
3. Bridge Funnel
Bridge Funnel is a high converting sales funnel for affiliate marketing and network marketing. The idea behind Bridge Funnel is simple :
- Squeeze Page: A landing page that has a freebie offer to collect leads’ contact information.
- Bridge Page: Bridge pages allow a business an opportunity to establish rapport and build trust with potential customers. You will explain the core concepts or pieces of information to warm up your subscribers then you send them to the next funnel in the higher value ladder step or affiliate sales page.
4. Free-Trial Sales Funnel
Looking for a SaaS sales funnel? The free-trial sales funnel is beneficial if you’re selling software, mobile applications, or any other sort of SaaS business.
This funnel helps you capture leads, and turn them into customers by offering them a free trial of your product.
There are three types of free-trial:
Time-based trial: You offer a customer a limited period of time to use your product for free. After that, they’re charged automatically.
$1 Trial Period: By charging a small fee of $1, you can filter out people who only sign up for anything they find online, leaving you with a pool of high-quality prospects who are much more likely to convert into paying customers.
Yes, you may end up with fewer leads overall, but the quality of those leads will be much higher.
Plus, once they’ve paid even a tiny amount of money, they are much more likely to stick around and give your product or service a fair chance.
5. Summit Funnel
An online virtual Summit Funnel is a great way to leverage others’ traffic and build authority in your market. If you’re a coach, author, service business, or agency you should try it.
Instead of spending time mastering paid ads, you’ll develop relationships with other KOLs in your niche and partner with them. So you can drive traffic from their email list to your funnel.
Summit Funnel basically has three pages:
- Register page: Persuade targeted traffic to input their email addresses to sign-up for the summit for free.
- Special offer page: Introduce the offer for your leads to buy into. It usually includes lifetime access to the summit, as well as incredible bonuses.
- Summit page: Delivering all video summit interviews for free as you promised.
Types of Funnels for Front-End and Middle Funnel Stages
After approaching target customers, building a relationship, and creating customer awareness through the lead generation sales funnel templates above, it’s time to persuade them to make a purchase decision.
The sales funnel template below are excellent to help you sell product or service from $1 to $300.
6. Tripwire Sales Funnel
Let’s start with the Tripwire sales funnel template. The idea is to give new customers a chance to experience your low-price product but valuable enough to be interested in this step of their buying journey. They’ll also move on up into higher-priced items you offer later.
The Tripwire funnel has from 3 to 4 pages:
- Tripwire Product Page: Introduce a low-ticket offer with a price point between $1-$27 that your audience can’t refuse.
- Upsell page: This is a page where current customers can purchase additional products or services after they’ve already made a purchase. Offering additional products or services at a discount can encourage customers to buy more from you.
- Downsell Page (optional): The Downsell Page is a special landing page that helps you make more sales by offering a lower-priced product or service after someone has already refused your upsell. It can increase conversion rates and revenues because it captures those interested but not willing to pay full price for what they want!
- Thank you page: Confirm the order or subscription, and provide the next steps or additional information. For example, you might include links to download a digital product or instructions on how to access a members-only area.
7. Self-Liquidating Funnel
A self-liquidating offer (SLO) sales funnel offers a low-cost chance for an entry-level transaction that promotes your targeted market to make one or more significant purchases.
The best thing about these deals is that the first purchase usually covers the expenses of your marketing campaign.
An SLO doesn’t aim to generate a ton of cash. Instead, your goal should be to become recognized by your clients as a specialist in your field.
Following their consumption of the information in your SLO, the leads you engage with through this sale funnel will become qualified for your service or product.
The sales funnel also assists in building your email list, which will allow you to develop leads until they turn into customers.
An SLO sales funnel contains these pages:
- Opt-in page
- Sales page
- Payment page
- Upsell page
- Thank you page
This structure is similar to an opt-in lead generation funnel as visitors find the lead magnet of the landing page attractive first. Then, they will provide their email addresses in exchange for the video, report, or free guide.
However, the SLO sales funnel doesn’t let visitors wait for the response email.
Instead, it leads them straight to the sales page after receiving the email addresses. This straight step can help with high-priced front-end deals.
8. The Cross-Sell Funnel
Selling similar or complementary products to a client who has already purchased from you is the idea of cross-selling. It is among the best techniques to encourage your existing clients to buy more.
Cross-selling can enhance your customer experience. Like we often like to get a drink when buying a meal. Hence, cross-selling increases revenue per client for the company.
The cross-sell funnel usually has 2 pages:
- Sales page
- Thank you page + offer wall
Through the sales funnel, you’ve warmed up your customer and provided them with the solution. Then, they discover you’re promoting something else as they try to leave the thank-you page.
9. Free & Shipping Funnel
The Free & Shipping Funnel is an upgrade version of the Lead funnel, you can use them to give away your product for free in exchange for a small shipping and handling fee.
The funnel steps:
- Sales Page: It would be best if you considered using 2 step order form. Once a qualified lead after filling out the shipping address, they’ll move on step two of filling in their credit card information.
- Order Bump: Keep it simple and to the point. Customers can simply add an extra item with the order bump form on the checkout page without any hassle or confusion!
- Upsell Page: Offering an upsell to keep the buying loop open and increase cart value.
- Thank You page: Thank them for their purchase, and give information on how they can get the product. Plus, you can invite customers to move up the value ladder by introducing the next sale funnel
10 + 11. Long-Form Sales Letter & Video Sales Letter Funnel
The long-form sales letter funnel is a type of marketing funnel that uses a lengthy sales letter to persuade visitors to make a purchase.
The funnel steps are similar to tripwire and free & shipping funnel but with a long-form sales letter funnel, you can sell higher price products (up to $300).
- Sales Page: The long-form sales letter is to build trust and rapport with your prospect and then deliver a powerful sales message that convinces them to buy your product or service.
- One Time Offer page
- Downsell Page
- Thank You Page
If you add the sales video to the sales page, then we have the Video Sales Letter Funnel (VSL).
Now, this funnel is going to be super effective. People will be able to see how passionate and enthusiastic about the product that person is.
This could make them want even more!
12. Daily Deal Funnel
If you’re in the eCommerce business and want to create a high converting sales funnel for your online store then Daily Deal Funnel is the one for you.
Daily deals are often used as a marketing tool by businesses to attract new customers or boost sales. You’ll create an offer and run it as an evergreen campaign.
The Daily Deal Funnel has two pages:
- Two-step order page: Create an irresistible offer to get new customers
- Thank you page: Encourage them to share this same deal with their friends.
13. Invisible Funnel
The idea behind the Invisible funnel is you give away a lot of value for free upfront and only charge if the customer likes what they received.
This can be a great way to attract new customers, as they have nothing to lose by trying your products or services.
However, it can also be risky, as you may not recoup your costs if too many people take advantage of the free offer. Nonetheless, if done correctly, an invisible funnel can be a powerful tool for growing your business.
The Invisible Funnel usually has 4 pages:
- Sales page: This is the first page of your funnel, and it’s where you introduce your offer and explain how the process work. Your prospects will fill out their information and credit card but don’t charge anything yet.
- One Time Offer page: Increase Average Cart Value with additional products
- Thank You page: Provide a detailed guide on how customers can access the training and how to contact you if they don’t like your training. So you won’t bill them at all.
- Live Web class: Where customers access the free training.
14. Live Demo Funnel
The Live Demo Funnel is designed to help you close more sales by giving potential customers a closer look at what your product does and how it works.
For example, if you’re selling software, you could create live demo shows on how to use your product in real-time. This type of content is great for overcoming objections and helping customers see the value in your product.
The Live Demo Funnel has three pages
- Register page: Convince people sign-up for your show for free.
- Thank You Page: Thank people for registering, and you can add a call-to-action that promotes your next funnel.
- Live Demo page: Provide an in-depth look at how your product works and answer any questions people have. Then you’ll put a link to buy the bundle below the live video.
15. Product Launch Funnel
The Product Launch Funnel original was created by Jeff Walker. You can get more detail about the formula inside his best-seller book “Launch“
You can think of your product launch funnel as a sales letter turned on its side. You break down the sales letter presentation into smaller, more manageable chunks delivered over time to build excitement for what’s coming next!
It is a high converting sales funnel that works best for warm and hot traffic. It includes from 4 to 5 pages:
- Opt-in landing page: Give a lead magnet or free workshop when they register for the training
- Video pages (from pages 2 to 4): Unlock a new video every few days. For the content inside the video you can use the perfect webinar script or product launch script inside the Dotcom Secrets book to make it compelling and high conversion rate
- Offer page: Make the page simple with an attractive headline, a video explaining the offer, and a link to buy
High-Ticket Sales Funnel Frameworks
Keep moving up the value ladder, the price goes up. In fact, not all qualified leads don’t reach the bottom of the sales funnel to buy high ticket offers. But if a percent buy, it will be a game-changer for your business.
You need an amazing presentation if you’re selling a high ticket offer. Whether your presentation is short or long will depend on the product price point.
For example, if you’re selling a $500 product, your presentation doesn’t need to be as long as if you’re selling a $2000 product.
However, it’s still important to make sure that your presentation is engaging and well-structured. Here are some of the best sales funnel templates that you can use
16+17. Webinar & Auto Webinar Funnel
Doing a webinar the right way can help you sell a product that has over $500, $1000, $2000, and beyond.
Normally, we could create an event, stand on the stage and deliver your presentation. But most people probably do not have a chance to be on the stage in front of people and do that.
The best part is, that we can turn it from offline to online where we can invite people to join your webinar for free, deliver presentations, and close.
It is a Webinar Funnel
The funnel has 5 pages:
- Register page: Invite people to join your webinar for free. The page should be simple but much more curious as possible to make your target audience feel compelled.
- Thank You page: Build a relationship with your subscribers to make sure they show up to the webinar. You can promote your low-ticket offer (tripwire funnel, Free Trial funnel, or VSL funnel)
- Webinar page: You can use GoToWebinar or Zoom to deliver your presentation. If you want to know how to create a perfect script for the webinar that sells like crazy, you should get the Expert Secrets book (for free) or learn from Perfect Webinar Secrets ($7)
- Offer page: At the end of your presentation, you’ll make a call to action to push people to your offer.
- Replay page: It doesn’t matter how well you market your live webinar or how great the content is, the vast majority of people still won’t show up live. This is the reason why we need the replay page.
The key to success with the Webinar funnel is your presentation. So, you should learn, practice, and master it. Once you have a high conversion, then you can automate the process.
We call it an Auto Webinar Funnel.
Instead of using the live webinar on another platform, you can record the presentation which is high convert then put it on the landing page similar to the Replay page.
18. Application Funnel
If you’re a small business and your product has over $2000, it would help to turn from online to offline, where marketing and sales teams work in collaboration.
The application funnel works best for high ticket items and is great for people who are in consultant business, real eastern agent, personal training, or agency.
An Application Funnel usually has two pages:
- Application page: The Application page should be simple. You can put a case study video that explains the strategy and process your customers went through to get the result. The goal of this page is to let prospects fill out the information for your application form.
- Thank You page: Now you have a list of prospective buyers. It’s time your sales reps come into action – contact them and close the deal. It would be best to build the sales pipeline for the sales team to optimize the sales process.
If you’re not similar to the sales pipeline, you can read the guide here
The sales funnel templates below can be used differently in the customer buyer’s journey process. Depending on your goal, it may help you generate leads or increase sales.
19. Membership Funnel
The membership funnel can be used to generate leads and get more sales depending on your goal.
Scenario #1: You want to generate leads, your funnel will look like this:
- Squeeze page: Give something away for free in order to get people’s contact information
- Thank You page: Thank them for opting in and providing additional information on how they can create an account to get access to the resources, tools, or training you offer.
- Sign-up page: Create an account for prospects
- Membership area: This is a great way to give your members-only content and resources. Plus, you can promote premium tools or training that they might want access to for more value from you! So, you can return your investment for paid advertising.
Scenario #2: If you want to get more sales your funnel will look like this:
- Sales page: Use the sales letter or video sales letter to promote your offer.
- Checkout page: Prospects will enter their credit card information to buy your product (you could add the Order Bump here to increase customer cart value)
- Upsell page: Offer a higher price product on the value ladder
- Downsell page (optional): If they say no to your offer on the upsell page, you can offer the down-sell which has a cheaper price.
- Thank You page: Thank customers for the purchase and give them the link to create an account where they can get their digital products.
- Sign-up page: Customers create the account
- Membership area: You can use this opportunity to promote the product that customers refuse on an upsell page or additional products they might be interested in.
20. Cancellation Funnel
No business is perfect, and that includes yours. You might provide the best products or services in the world, but there will always be people who want to cancel their subscription or return your product. That’s where the Cancellation funnel comes in.
The funnel has two pages:
- Survey page: A series of questions that aim to identify the customer’s pain points and reasons for wanting to cancel.
- Article page: Once these reasons are understood, the company can then offer solutions that address the customer’s needs.
Most customers hate to describe why they want to refund or cancel something. It feels annoying, right?
Instead of creating a conversation through email, you can use a funnel to automate the process.
The key is to create a cancellation funnel that is easy to use and provides a good customer experience. Doing so will help you reduce customer churn and keep more people subscribed to your company.
21. Funnel Hub (Homepage Funnel)
Your homepage is the most important page on your website. It’s the first thing people see when they come to your site, and it needs to make a good impression.
Plus, the Homepage is where you get the most organic traffic from Google. That’s why you should convert it into a landing page that tells your story and highlights your most popular products for better conversion.
By including links to other sales funnels on that page, you can make it easy for people to find what they’re looking for and buy more of your products.
Which Is The Best Type of Sales Funnel?
In order to find the perfect sales funnel template, it is important that you first know your industry and goal.
For example, Webinar Funnel will be most effective for authors or coaches but not as much use in e-commerce businesses such as Amazon sellers who need more lead magnets than webinars.
[Bonus] The Best resource for your marketing campaigns
- Sales funnel software helps you create entire pages in your funnel quickly: Clickfunnels or Systeme (start for free)
- Free sales funnel frameworks: Funnel Hacker’s cookbook (download for free), Dotcom Secrets summit, and Brick & Mortar Summit.
- Create all scripts for your marketing funnel: Expert Secrets book (free)
- Build an excellent presentation for your webinar: Perfect Webinar Secrets ($7)
So, these are the 21 different types of funnels that are working effectively this year. Each funnel has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to know which one will work best for your specific goal.
Once you do that, all you need is a good strategy and a lot of hard work.
Now I want to hear from you!
Which sales funnel are you going to use first? Lead Squeeze Page funnel for generating leads or Free-Trial funnel to sell your marketing tools?
If you know of any other effective sales funnel framework, feel free to share it with us in the comment section below.